The DIRECT Marketing Association Mentoring Program
The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada is looking for new volunteer mentors for its Mentorship Program!
Support a direct marketing student’s career development by becoming a Mentor! Enjoy the fulfillment that comes from supporting a student in their career development by becoming a Mentor for The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada Mentorship Program. It is a great opportunity to give back to the direct marketing community and learn from each other’s diverse experiences. Apply today! For more information please contact mentors@DIRECTmac.org.
To support young talent in the direct marketing field by providing opportunities to learn, network, grow, and share through mentoring relationships with industry veterans.
What is The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada Mentorship Program?
Through this program The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada members are placed in mentoring relationships with students who are in their final year of a direct marketing educational program and who are about to be in transition to careers related to direct marketing.
Mentors meet with mentees for a minimum 3 hours, on a monthly basis, for the duration of the mentoring relationship, approximately 12 months.
This program is for students entering or re-entering the work-force and targets young people requiring career guidance. This career mentorship experience is enhanced with networking events and education workshops as well as hands on tutoring.
What is Mentorship?
Mentorship is the process of harnessing experience and knowledge and sharing it with others. It is about people learning from each other and applying the learning. Mentorship is a nurturing process, which provides the opportunity for seasoned or more experienced individuals, to share their professional knowledge and expertise with others who are less experienced.
What is a mentor?
A mentor is someone who helps individuals reach their potential by guiding and coaching them to succeed. They share their experiences, skills, and knowledge with mentees. They can provide an objective point of view to mentees as they work towards improving or starting their careers. They help mentees along their career paths by creating opportunities for them to develop professional relationships and expand their knowledge base.
What are the benefits of being a mentor?
- Personal satisfaction: enjoy the fulfillment that comes from supporting another member of the industry in their career development and offering them insight to the dynamic and evolving field of direct marketing.
- Learn from your mentees: Create mutually beneficial relationships where students and mentors learn from each other’s diverse experiences.
- Recognition from the community: As you help build competent and future leaders, gain recognition from peers and superiors for your improved interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
- Apply to become a mentor with The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada Mentorship Program today !
Who is a mentee?
The mentees are industry professionals who are building skills for a career in direct response marketing and are independent or corporate members of The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada.
What support will I receive through the program?
- Training provided on how to make the most of your mentoring relationship.
- Facilitators to provide ongoing and unconditional support.
Apply to become a mentor with The DIRECT Marketing Association of Canada Mentorship Program today!